Friday, March 26, 2010

Job hunting

As you guys have noticed, since December last year, my life had been really monotonous. The reason why was because I was job hunting and there were nothing much that were worth mentioning. The only stuffs that are really worth talking about were the interesting places that I went to for food exploring. :D
Job hunting had been really tough, especially on an executive level. I had been looking for a job since December 2009. Seems like nothing had been going smoothly for me. Sigh.... It's not like I'm not sending resumes. I've sent out about 400+ resumes from various sources, like newspapers and internet. I even went to different recruitment agencies for at least 4-5 times... So I thought perhaps it's the CV problem, so I amended it. But to no avail... So I thought perhaps it's the cover letter problem this time, and I improved on it. BUT STILL TO NO AVAIL!!! Perhaps I was really picky... Didn't want to settle for a assistant position, didn't want to accept a pay that is lesser then $2200, didn't want to go back in my previous industry and of course didn't want to work in a SMC. In my opinion, I feel that I've paid so much money and put in so much effort for my Degree, I deserve better.... Maybe I'm asking for too much? Hates it when I kept sending resumes and not getting any response... It really hits badly on the self-esteem after sometime...
Finally, today I've been offered a job at an Advertising company. Although it's a SMC, I think I should not be a fussy. At least I'm able to gain some experience from here. :)

No comments:

Welcome

Welcome to the uncensored diary of Bel.In this page you will experience all the ups and downs of Bel and get to know her better...So I hope you guys will like it and share your thoughts with me too...*sealed with a kiss*