Friday, August 17, 2007

Yes,I'm offended.

Yesterday my family and my brother's girlfriend's family were having dinner at Parkroyal Hotel.We were suppose to discuss the plans of their wedding but in the end there were no conclusion instead there were lots of criticisim about our family.

Her father kept repeatedly ask my brother if he(my brother) is a responsible man for more than 10 times.If my brother is not a responsible man,he would not even want to get married NOW.He could be having lots of "FUN" outside and why would he bother to go through all the hassle to get himself into this?

That minster also commented that there's lack of communication in our family.Just because my brother wasn't sure of my dad's age and occupation.Communication is a process of interchanging thoughts.It doesn't mean that if he's unsure of my dad's age and occupation that means there's communication breakdown in the family.People don't go around and start boasting about their age and occupation.

He wasn't very happy that my brother smokes and he criticized my parents.Quote him "Spare the rod,spoilt the child"Did he mean that my brother has no discipline?You can't judge a book by its cover.So what if he smokes?So what if he doesn't hold a high qualification?Those doesn't judge a person's character.My brother is a great man.And my parents discipline us well.

My brother had already agreed on going through the catholic wedding ceremony.Meaning to say he and his girlfriend would have to attend a 1 month course in order to go through the wedding ceremony.I'm surprise that he actually agreed on it.He's a very stubborn person and he used to object this type of religious stuffs.But this mister took things for granted and wanted the sky.He wanted my brother to convert into a catholic.That was just too much.

He also commented that I should not concentrate so much on my physical dress-up(outlook) and should concentrate more on my brain and heart.That was the last straw.I was so insulted.I told him off immediately.To look good is an all girls thing.Every girl is vain,wants to look pretty.Which girl in the right mind won't want that?Looking good is also a basic courtesy for others.Who would want to go out and see a horrible looking thing.If you're not going to doll yourself up when you're young,when do you want to start dolling up?When you are old and hagged and nobody else want to see?
To concentrate more on my brains.Does he mean that I'm a BIMBO?If I'm a bimbo I wouldn't even have gotten my Diploma in Nursing and I would not even be taking my degree.If I'm so dumb I wouldn't even qualify.In what position did he have to insult me?He might not even hold an 'O' level certificate.
And for the concentration on the heart.I've a good heart.I don't kill,I don't rob,and I don't do crimes.I do charity alright.

During the whole course of dinner everyone(my family and my brother's girlfriend) were trying to tolerate his nonsense.My brother's girlfriend was so annoyed and embarressed,she almost burst out in tears.At the end of the dinner,she kept apologising to my family.If you're going to insult other people's family in such a formal occassion,you're not only embarressing yourself but also your daughter.
There goes my brother and his girlfriend's dream wedding.What they wanted is something special.Something that is not "so traditional"Wedding is a once in a lifetime thing.Why can't her father be more "OPEN" about it...

No comments:

Welcome

Welcome to the uncensored diary of Bel.In this page you will experience all the ups and downs of Bel and get to know her better...So I hope you guys will like it and share your thoughts with me too...*sealed with a kiss*