Sunday, December 21, 2008

Xi Yan


I enjoyed my Christmas dinner with my friends yesterday. Usually, every year the Christmas party would be held at Sze's place but this year he decided to treated us to a nice chinese fusion dinner at Xi Yan. It is a very special place without any menu. Apparently we have to make reservations way ahead and the chef will design a special menu just for you. So interesting...
First dish, green house tomatos in wasabi sesame sauce. They were too hungry that they devor it before allowing me to take any pictures. Left 1 out of 3... Sob. According to the waiter, this tomotos are from Japan and they are very expensive. The bigger they are, the sweeter it is...Proof to what I have said. Look how hungry Baby was... Fancy attacking the pretty tomato...The second dish, baked stuffed scallops with beancurd. This is yummy... Taste a little like "siew mai" but this is expensive "siew mai"... :)The third dish, seared prime ribeye with sichuan sauce. Baby's favourite...The forth dish, oolong tea smoke chicken with mango salsa. The chicken is so tender... My goodnessThe fifth dish, dory fillets in shrimp sauce in pomelo salad. Taste like "Ha Cheong Gai" but instead of using chicken they used fish... Nice...The sixth dish, pumkin, shrimp and basil soup. This taste a little like the lobster bisque. Personally, I don't like pumkin but this, I LIKE...The seventh dish, Young and Old Happy News. Basically, it is vegetables. Made up of young and old beansprout stirfried with preserved vegetables. Not bad...Last dish of the evening, our dessert. It is Chef's lychee ice cream logcake. This is heavenly... Taste like lychee martini... I LIKE....Of course not forgetting to camwhore... This time round didn't really took many pictures because everyone was busy eating and busy chatting... So here we go...

No comments:

Welcome

Welcome to the uncensored diary of Bel.In this page you will experience all the ups and downs of Bel and get to know her better...So I hope you guys will like it and share your thoughts with me too...*sealed with a kiss*